Skip to main content

7 Make up mistakes that make you look tired and old

Mistake 1: You choose monotone colors
Creating definition between each of your facial features helps to make you look more awake. Instead of going for plain, one-dimensional color all over your face, subtly define your brows, eyes, cheeks, and lips.
Mistake 2: You use the wrong under-eye concealer
Concealer that's too dark or too light for your face will inevitably make you look tired. The fix: Apply it in a well-lit room to make sure that it looks natural. And whenever you test a new product, use a hand mirror to see how it looks in different rooms with varied lighting.
Mistake 3: You skip eye-makeup primer
This one’s especially dangerous if you use a dark eyeliner underneath your eyes. See, primer prevents dark color from smudging and drooping beneath your eyes so you don't get that raccoon look. (If you really want to play it safe, only use waterproof eyeliner on your bottom lash line.)
Mistake 4: You use too much powder
Dry, powdered skin tends to look older and more tired than clean, smooth skin. The takeaway: Don't overdo it! Go with a translucent powder to eliminate shine, and blend it in well.
Mistake 5: You skip moisturizer
Please, please, please never apply your makeup before you put on a moisturizer. (Bonus points if you use one that contains SPF!) Applying any makeup on dry, flaky skin can make you look incredibly tired and dried out.
Mistake 6: You use the wrong eyeliner color
If you're cool-toned, bronze or gold eyeliner will make you look tired and sickly. If you have warm-toned skin, silvery liner can make you look just as bad. Avoid your trouble colors to look more awake.
Mistake 7: You wear gray makeup
Makeup with gray undertones brings out the gray coloring in all skin tones to make you look incredibly tired and much older. Stick with a warm-colored palette to look more youthful and refreshed.
Culled from beautyhigh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man confesses to death of Austrian Lover

Do you remember the story I reported on the 27th of december 2014 about a man in Edo who killed his Austrian Lover who came back to Edo state,Nigeria to celebrate the yuletide with her family? If u missed that story, click < HERE >... Right now,the story has taken a different turn as reported by Laila's blog..Here are excerpts to how it happened all told from the horse's mouth,Mr Festus Aimufua... I am 41 years old and a motor spare parts dealer. I did not kill her. It happened on the 25th of December very early in the morning. There is one boy that help me to pack my goods, the boy was with me. After I dropped my family, I now decided to go and drop the boy.  On getting to Upper Mission junction, she called me and asked if I didn’t know that, that day was watch night, and that if I would come to see her. I said I was coming.  Immediately I turned my car and drove down to her shop, she had a bar. On getting there I saw some boys there drinking. I called the ...

yaaay!!! ....Chysugar's blog is 6 months today

Today feels good...I started this blog exactly 6 months ago. On the 4th of October 2014. I wanna celebrate my humble self too... For not giving up.... For the time and efforts... It's Not been easy It's been tasking and challenging... It's been very rough... But today has proven to me that every dream can be a reality if you believe... Special thanks to Butterscotch, Spicy Cynthia, Pamela( a fellow blogger),Amaka,my friend Mari Jali.... All the anonymous blog visitors  My lovely friends and family especially my dad(he visits my blog), my kid brothers who nicknamed me "blogger" lmao... The traffic is amazing....Tears welled up in my eyes this morning when I checked.... Now I know that zero or no comments is not a proof that no one visits. Am humbled,am blessed to have y'all... Is there any change you want the blog?please indicate in the comment box.. Like my facebook page :www.facebook/ch...

The Power Of Concealer (2)

Hope you all enjoyed my 1st post on "Power of concealer"...Well,there are a lot more you can do with"CONCEALER" asides using it to conceal under eye circles. We shall discuss now.Take a good look at the picture above and tell me what you see.I can tell u know picture 9 is your best bet if you follow step 1-8 carefully...you'll end up getting an amazing "well defined eyebrows".. Below are few rules that'll help you achieve picture 9 easier than you can imagine. 1st Rule:You need to grow some eyebrow hairs,your eyebrows  can't be looking all messy with scattered hairs here and there .You need some natural brows.So next time you wana shape your eyebrows,pls kindly remain some brow hairs if you want your brows to have that natural look after your brows are done 2nd Rule: Get a good eyebrow pencil..For me I use Tara eyebrow pencil in brown,its sold for N500...Please stop using red shades of eyebrow pencils for your brows.Its not flattering a...