Skip to main content

"He started beating me four days after our wedding "maltreated wife claims

Pauline Ukah, a 32-year-old woman, has dragged her husband, Charles Ukah before a Customary Court sitting in Alagbado for allegedly engaging in irresponsible behaviour.
She accused her husband of maltreating her and beating her at every available opportunity to do so.
Pauline, who is asking the court to dissolve their 9 year old marriage said,  “Four days after our wedding, my husband started attacking me physically. For the next five years, I endured the pain, thinking he would begin to treat me as his true love. Even when my husband got a job, he still didn’t make any meaningful contribution to our upkeep.
“I had to obtain a loan to complete our house. I have been solely responsible for the upkeep of our children. Most of the time, I would go on commercial motorbike from Lagos Island where I work to Meiran. But rather than empathise with me, my husband would lock the door against me, thereby making me to enter the room through the window.
“Some time ago, when I was duped N5 million by some conmen, who wanted to help us obtain United States visa, my husband called me a prostitute. On that day, they asked us to put all our money and jewellery inside a box and we complied. But that was the last we heard of them,” Pauline told then court
She said that her husband was fond of charms.
“Till date, I don’t know why he buried his singlet in the house. When my husband was under some spiritual attacks and all he could see were reptiles, I stood by him. I took him to a hospital and footed the medical bills.”
Charles denied beating his wife and accused her of adultery.
He said he does not have any problem with her but the interference of his in-laws into their marital issues is putting a strain in the relationship.
He said, “Almost everything she said is true. She has been a caring wife and mother. But there is no cordial relationship with my in-laws. Since I lost my job, life has been tough.
“Contrary to her claim, I don’t beat her. We only have misunderstanding once in a while. Each time I intend to pick our children for holidays, her mother chases me with a cutlass.
“It is a taboo in my tribe for a woman who commits adultery to still sleep with her husband again. My wife once confessed to having slept with a man who wanted to help us obtain United States visa.
“It was at a family meeting that they ordered me to take our only son to our home town for cleansing and I did. If only my wife can cleanse herself, she can have our son back,” Charles told the court.
Pauline, however, disagrees saying, “My husband was given four days to take our son for cleansing in his home town. It is almost a month, but my husband has not brought him back. Now, I am agitated because the boy has always been in my custody. It’s been three years since we lived as a couple.
“I was told to cleanse myself if I was still interested in being his wife. Since my son has been cleansed, there shouldn’t be a problem. I have never fought him over any trivial issue. I always make my intentions known to him. God knows I am fed up; so, I want a divorce. He is free to see our three children whenever he wishes.”


President of the court, Mr. Olubode Sekoni, adjourned the matter till November 3.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man confesses to death of Austrian Lover

Do you remember the story I reported on the 27th of december 2014 about a man in Edo who killed his Austrian Lover who came back to Edo state,Nigeria to celebrate the yuletide with her family? If u missed that story, click < HERE >... Right now,the story has taken a different turn as reported by Laila's blog..Here are excerpts to how it happened all told from the horse's mouth,Mr Festus Aimufua... I am 41 years old and a motor spare parts dealer. I did not kill her. It happened on the 25th of December very early in the morning. There is one boy that help me to pack my goods, the boy was with me. After I dropped my family, I now decided to go and drop the boy.  On getting to Upper Mission junction, she called me and asked if I didn’t know that, that day was watch night, and that if I would come to see her. I said I was coming.  Immediately I turned my car and drove down to her shop, she had a bar. On getting there I saw some boys there drinking. I called the ...

yaaay!!! ....Chysugar's blog is 6 months today

Today feels good...I started this blog exactly 6 months ago. On the 4th of October 2014. I wanna celebrate my humble self too... For not giving up.... For the time and efforts... It's Not been easy It's been tasking and challenging... It's been very rough... But today has proven to me that every dream can be a reality if you believe... Special thanks to Butterscotch, Spicy Cynthia, Pamela( a fellow blogger),Amaka,my friend Mari Jali.... All the anonymous blog visitors  My lovely friends and family especially my dad(he visits my blog), my kid brothers who nicknamed me "blogger" lmao... The traffic is amazing....Tears welled up in my eyes this morning when I checked.... Now I know that zero or no comments is not a proof that no one visits. Am humbled,am blessed to have y'all... Is there any change you want the blog?please indicate in the comment box.. Like my facebook page :www.facebook/ch...

No Extra Pounds This Xmas...

Merry Xmas to y'all... This pic cracked me up biggggggg timeeee...I was like "OMG, this could be me if am not careful with all the "eatables,choppables and drinkables"..I mean,it takes a whole lot of discipline to say a "BIG NO" to all the appetizing,palatable,delicious,sumptous and mouth-watering dishes today... For me,i don't wana get extra pounds, I don't want belly fats and YES I wanna still be my old self after all the "yafu -yafu" enjoyment. The goats and chicken in my neighborhood are in big trouble...At a point,i heard to pay deaf ears to their cry for help. Hehehehehehhe..see race oo I can't shout abeg....Ladies who are conscious of their weight like me, remember it's a new year underway and we've got to look gorgeously sexy. Easy with the calories eeeh?...hehehehehe Guys!!...most of you have already got "afo beer"...don't make it increase beyond that eeeh...hehehehe Ps: This pos...