Skip to main content

Cold blood murder!!!..39 yr old woman becomes a victim in Bauchi

39-year-old Lawrencia, mother of four, a devout Catholic, was killed on Monday, October 13, by gunmen. She was shot twice on the chest at close range. She was with her two-month-old son, Moses, when she was shot.
The deceased and her husband, Mr. Leonard Onunkwo, a dealer in building materials, waited for 12 years after their last child before they had Moses. They had earlier had three children.Mrs. Beatrice Ibe, a close friend of the family, recalled that Lawrencia was in a vivacious mood, as preparation was in top gear for the dedication of Moses.
The older woman, who is like a mother to the deceased told the Sun
We fixed the second Sunday of November, that is 9th, for the dedication of Moses at Our Lady of Loreto Catholic Church, Fadama Mada parish, and she was excited about it.”She called to inform me that she had booked for the reception at Chaba Hotel and we made arrangement for cooking, only to hear the news that she was killed. It is sad.”
Her death threw the Igbo community in Bauchi into deep sorrow. The sympathisers are mostly Igbo traders that had been living in Bauchi for many years. They gathered at the expansive compound of Chief Ibe, as the news of his wife’s death spread the next day.
Many questions bothered their minds. Was it the work of assassins or armed robbers? Was her murder motivated by envy? Was she cut short by her competitors? The faded ash coloured Opel that Lawrencia drove on that fateful day was parked in Chief Ibe’s compound, with two bullet holes, which penetrated the windscreen and snuffed life out her remarkably visible.
Inside the car, stains of blood, shoes, and some currency notes confronted sympathisers. And now, the question on every lip is, will the police ever find her killers and bring them to justice?
But the spokesman of the Bauchi State Police Command, who disclosed that the businesswoman was killed by armed robbers, has given assurance that Lawrencia’s killers would not go scot-free.He said:
“At the point of entering her house, they attacked her and demanded for money. When she resisted, they now killed her and took away the money. It is an unspecified amount of money.”The commissioner of police personally went to the scene and summoned the Igbo community to his office and they had a thought-provoking but rewarding discussion.
A source told our reporter that Mrs. Onunkwo was paid a huge amount of money for the supply of poultry feeds and that the killers might have got wind of it and followed her home to kill her and obtain the money.
Her second son, Macochukwu, 16, a senior secondary student of ICSS, Bauchi, escaped death by the whiskers after witnessing his mother’s killing. He had gone to open the gate for his mother when he saw two armed men walking towards his mother’s car as she waited for the teenager to open the pink iron gate. Their father was at Our Lady of Loreto Catholic Church in Fadama Mada at the time. His mum had just closed from her business located in the area where she dealt in hybrid feeds.
“It was around 7: 15 pm in the evening. When the car horn sounded, I rushed to open the gate for her,” Maco recalled. He said he had just opened the gate for his mother to drive her Opel car inside the compound when he saw the men carrying guns walking towards his mother’s car.Daddy was not at home. He went to church. The two men were shouting, ‘where is the money? Where is the money,’ before they shot her at close range.
He said before they shot his mum,
“one of the men wanted to shoot me because I saw his face and I ran back to the house. Then I heard two gunshots. After they left, I went to my mother. She was unconscious and couldn’t talk. They shot her in the chest. Our neighbours came out. Then I ran to the church to tell my father.”
The church service was midway when his son stormed the church, asking to see the father outside.
“I was a little bit surprised. I came out with him and asked him what the problem was and he told me. I rushed to my house and met my neighbour trying to drive out but didn’t know how to drive. I took the wheels and drove straight to the Tafawa Balewa Hosing Estate police station where I reported quickly before taking her to the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital, Bauchi.” His wife died on their way to the hospital.
A distraught Leonard said his wife might have been killed out of envy. Hear him:
“The world we are living in is so corrupt. When you are living fine, some people will not be happy. When you are not living fine as well, some people will be happy, some people will be unhappy.Though I am not suspecting anybody, I know that what happened was out of envy because she was progressing and her business was booming. It might even be because they saw how we were living in peace. In such a thing, somebody can like to put problem in one’s family.”
May her killers never know peace...This is outright wickedness....Pheeew!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man confesses to death of Austrian Lover

Do you remember the story I reported on the 27th of december 2014 about a man in Edo who killed his Austrian Lover who came back to Edo state,Nigeria to celebrate the yuletide with her family? If u missed that story, click < HERE >... Right now,the story has taken a different turn as reported by Laila's blog..Here are excerpts to how it happened all told from the horse's mouth,Mr Festus Aimufua... I am 41 years old and a motor spare parts dealer. I did not kill her. It happened on the 25th of December very early in the morning. There is one boy that help me to pack my goods, the boy was with me. After I dropped my family, I now decided to go and drop the boy.  On getting to Upper Mission junction, she called me and asked if I didn’t know that, that day was watch night, and that if I would come to see her. I said I was coming.  Immediately I turned my car and drove down to her shop, she had a bar. On getting there I saw some boys there drinking. I called the ...

yaaay!!! ....Chysugar's blog is 6 months today

Today feels good...I started this blog exactly 6 months ago. On the 4th of October 2014. I wanna celebrate my humble self too... For not giving up.... For the time and efforts... It's Not been easy It's been tasking and challenging... It's been very rough... But today has proven to me that every dream can be a reality if you believe... Special thanks to Butterscotch, Spicy Cynthia, Pamela( a fellow blogger),Amaka,my friend Mari Jali.... All the anonymous blog visitors  My lovely friends and family especially my dad(he visits my blog), my kid brothers who nicknamed me "blogger" lmao... The traffic is amazing....Tears welled up in my eyes this morning when I checked.... Now I know that zero or no comments is not a proof that no one visits. Am humbled,am blessed to have y'all... Is there any change you want the blog?please indicate in the comment box.. Like my facebook page :www.facebook/ch...

The Power Of Concealer (2)

Hope you all enjoyed my 1st post on "Power of concealer"...Well,there are a lot more you can do with"CONCEALER" asides using it to conceal under eye circles. We shall discuss now.Take a good look at the picture above and tell me what you see.I can tell u know picture 9 is your best bet if you follow step 1-8 carefully...you'll end up getting an amazing "well defined eyebrows".. Below are few rules that'll help you achieve picture 9 easier than you can imagine. 1st Rule:You need to grow some eyebrow hairs,your eyebrows  can't be looking all messy with scattered hairs here and there .You need some natural brows.So next time you wana shape your eyebrows,pls kindly remain some brow hairs if you want your brows to have that natural look after your brows are done 2nd Rule: Get a good eyebrow pencil..For me I use Tara eyebrow pencil in brown,its sold for N500...Please stop using red shades of eyebrow pencils for your brows.Its not flattering a...