Skip to main content

Mark Zuckerberg(founder of facebook) donates $25million to help fight Ebola


Facebook founder and the 13th richest person in the world, Mark Zuckerberg, estimated to be worth over $30billion just announced on his Facebook page that he's donating $25 million to the Centers for Disease Control Foundation to help fight Ebola. Continue to read the statement he released...


Priscilla and I are donating $25 million to the Centers for Disease Control Foundation to help fight Ebola. The Ebola epidemic is at a critical turning point. It has infected 8,400 people so far, but it is spreading very quickly and projections suggest it could infect 1 million people or more over the next several months if not addressed.
We need to get Ebola under control in the near term so that it doesn't spread further and become a long term global health crisis that we end up fighting for decades at large scale, like HIV or polio.
We believe our grant is the quickest way to empower the CDC and the experts in this field to prevent this outcome.
Grants like this directly help the frontline responders in their heroic work. These people are on the ground setting up care centers, training local staff, identifying Ebola cases and much more.
We are hopeful this will help save lives and get this outbreak under control.
(culled)‎
Now,this is some piece of good news..Hope FG utilizes this money well ooo...lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man confesses to death of Austrian Lover

Do you remember the story I reported on the 27th of december 2014 about a man in Edo who killed his Austrian Lover who came back to Edo state,Nigeria to celebrate the yuletide with her family? If u missed that story, click < HERE >... Right now,the story has taken a different turn as reported by Laila's blog..Here are excerpts to how it happened all told from the horse's mouth,Mr Festus Aimufua... I am 41 years old and a motor spare parts dealer. I did not kill her. It happened on the 25th of December very early in the morning. There is one boy that help me to pack my goods, the boy was with me. After I dropped my family, I now decided to go and drop the boy.  On getting to Upper Mission junction, she called me and asked if I didn’t know that, that day was watch night, and that if I would come to see her. I said I was coming.  Immediately I turned my car and drove down to her shop, she had a bar. On getting there I saw some boys there drinking. I called the ...

No Extra Pounds This Xmas...

Merry Xmas to y'all... This pic cracked me up biggggggg timeeee...I was like "OMG, this could be me if am not careful with all the "eatables,choppables and drinkables"..I mean,it takes a whole lot of discipline to say a "BIG NO" to all the appetizing,palatable,delicious,sumptous and mouth-watering dishes today... For me,i don't wana get extra pounds, I don't want belly fats and YES I wanna still be my old self after all the "yafu -yafu" enjoyment. The goats and chicken in my neighborhood are in big trouble...At a point,i heard to pay deaf ears to their cry for help. Hehehehehehhe..see race oo I can't shout abeg....Ladies who are conscious of their weight like me, remember it's a new year underway and we've got to look gorgeously sexy. Easy with the calories eeeh?...hehehehehe Guys!!...most of you have already got "afo beer"...don't make it increase beyond that eeeh...hehehehe Ps: This pos...

Abuja Bomb Suspects Arraigned!!!

One of the masterminds of the October 2, 2015 twin bomb blasts in Kuje and Nyanya, two satellite towns in Abuja has pleaded guilty to one out of the five-count charges preferred against him by the Police. The suspect, Abdulwaheed Nasiru pleaded guilty of illegal possession of items used for manufacturing improvised explosive devices. The other suspects who pleaded not guilty to all the charges are Abdulazeez Muhazab, Ishaka Salihu, Mohammed Jimoh and Abdullahi Nasiru. Having pleaded not guilty to the charges, the prosecutor asked for a date to commence trial and November 17, 2015 was fixed for the commencement of the trial. Lawyer to the accused persons, Nureni Sulyman, who did not oppose the application for an early date to commence trial, however, pleaded with the court to remand the accused persons in prison custody. He told the court that he had not gotten enough time to discuss with the accused persons. The five suspects, who were arrested at various locations in ...