Skip to main content

Fame costs me friends ___ Mr Nigeria,2011.

Mr Nigeria,2011, Deji Bakare goes all personal in this revealing/ interesting interview with <PUNCH NEWS>

Read it Below:

Background
My name is Deji Bakare. I’m from a family of four. I have two brothers and a sister. I am a native of Isale Eko, Lagos Island and a graduate of Lagos State University. I am the 2011 Mr. Nigeria winner. As Mr. Nigeria, I participated in a competition called Manhunt International in Thailand, Bangkok. I produced a reality show titled Deji Bakare Talent Search (D’bats), which was aired on major TV Stations in Nigeria.
Mr. Nigeria 2011
I became a celebrity when I was crowned Mr. Nigeria. During my reign, I engaged youths at seminars at a talk show tagged Stand Out With Deji Bakare. At a point, I lost my privacy and it became difficult to visit certain places and do certain things such as eating amala at a roadside restaurant. It lost my childhood friends.
Modelling
I am a supermodel and I am ready for anything. I will prefer to leave the pageants for the up- and-coming models. I travelled to Canada in 2013 for professional training in modeling and cinematography. When I returned to Nigeria, I established a modeling academy to train young aspiring models.
Misconceptions
The school of thought which says guys who participate in beauty pageants are vain only reflects the mediocrity of the mind. The showbiz world is full of razzmatazz and glitterati. That is the demand of the profession. While bankers are known for his trousers and suit, the doctors for their stethoscopes, carpenters for their nails and hammer, showbiz is purely razzmatazz that requires a bit of show-off and looking good all the time is the norm.
Scandals
I stay scandal-free by keeping myself busy and minding the type of friends I keep. I give my parents credit for the way I was brought up. It has impacted my life positively. So, staying scandal-free is not a problem to me. Some stars deliberately create scandals to make themselves outstanding. A star does not need all that to be outstanding.
Style
My sense of style is simply natural and down to earth. I love wristwatches and shoes. I am not too crazy about designers and I am fine with anything that looks good on me. Style is the real you; it is what you say, manner of delivery, and what you wear. It is simply a way of life.
Love
The result of serious love is marriage. I consider marriage a sacrosanct institution that must be respected and honoured. Marriage is a fallout of love. You should never consider marriage when there is no love. Choosing the right person for this institution is very important since a slip can result in an unplanned negative chain of events. I take issues relating to love and marriage as very important – a subject that should not be toyed with.
Current projects
I am currently building up a world-class modeling school named Deji Bakare Modelling Academy in Lagos. It is the first of its kind in this part of the world; most models are not doing it right and also not optimally paid.
Passion
I like to donate to the church and charity.
Favourite vacation spot
Kenya Safari Region because of its closeness to nature

Culled from PUNCH NEWS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday Health Tips----Water Melon is the best fruit ever....

Before now,am a sucker for fruits...I don't buy them neither do I attach any importance to them...But as the years went by,i learnt tremendously about the magical effects fruits can have on my body...Now I buy so much fruits @ a go..From pineapples, banana,apples,oranges....I hated water melon before now...It was my mum who taught me how to eat it... Perhaps stumbling on this article has opened my eyes and I can boastfully say that water melon is the best fruit ever... Read below and see for yourself... Watermelon is by far, one of the most powerful, body-healing fruits out there! The amazing health benefits of watermelon cover everything from your brain all the way to the cells in your feet. The best time to indulge in this fresh, succulent, juicy melon, is summertime, when they are in season and deliver an array of nutrients, vitamin and minerals. Watermelon is incredibly hydrating (up to 92% water!) and is naturally low-fat. Make this melon a part of your daily d

yaaay!!! ....Chysugar's blog is 6 months today

Today feels good...I started this blog exactly 6 months ago. On the 4th of October 2014. I wanna celebrate my humble self too... For not giving up.... For the time and efforts... It's Not been easy It's been tasking and challenging... It's been very rough... But today has proven to me that every dream can be a reality if you believe... Special thanks to Butterscotch, Spicy Cynthia, Pamela( a fellow blogger),Amaka,my friend Mari Jali.... All the anonymous blog visitors  My lovely friends and family especially my dad(he visits my blog), my kid brothers who nicknamed me "blogger" lmao... The traffic is amazing....Tears welled up in my eyes this morning when I checked.... Now I know that zero or no comments is not a proof that no one visits. Am humbled,am blessed to have y'all... Is there any change you want the blog?please indicate in the comment box.. Like my facebook page :www.facebook/ch

Why you Need Olive Oil...A Must Read!!!!!

Most of us do not know much about Olive oil neither are we aware of its benefits...So I decided to do a little research on it and culled some texts from infogoons ...Enjoy!!! Olive oil is a rich source of different polyphenols like simple phenols, terpenes, flavones, hydroxycinnamic acids, anthocyanins, flavonols, flavonoid glycosides, lignans and hydroxybenzoic acids. These compounds work as both antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients in the body.  Olive oil is a very good natural oil and it has diverse health benefits that we all need to explore. It is one of the best sources of monounsaturated fats which is the type of fat that is very good for the body. That is what your nutritionist and doctors will advise you to consume to prevent you from various diseases Now you know...Let's talk about its benefits Health Benefits Of Olive Oil It is good for your heart Olive oil lowers your cholesterol level which narrows the arteries.  It is the commonest cause of hi