Skip to main content

Bloody Sunday, 45 Villagers Including Women & Children Killed In Benue By Fulani Herdsmen .

At least 45 villagers were killed in a dawn raid on Sunday by suspected herdsmen in Benue State, the Agence France Presse (AFP) quoted the Police and a leg­islator as saying.
“I confirm that 45 people, includ­ing women and children, were killed this morning in an attack on Egba village… of Benue state by suspected herdsmen,” state police spokesman Austin Ezeani told AFP.

Several others were injured in the gun and machete attack,” he added. Hundreds of people have been killed in attacks and reprisal at­tacks between farmers and ethnic Fulani herdsmen in the past few years in the state.
A state parliamentarian from the local area, Audu Sule, gave a death toll of about 50 from the attack. “Around 50 people were killed in Egba village in my constituency in an early morning attack. The gun­men came in large numbers, all armed with AK47 rifles,” he told AFP.
He also said women and chil­dren were among those killed. “They opened fire on the sleepy village, killing residents, including women and children,” Sule added. No arrest has been made yet but police are on the trail of the attack­ers who fled into the bush after the deadly raid, Ezeani said. “It was an unexpected attack, the reason for which we still do not know.
The attack happened around 6.00am (0500 GMT).
Policemen are on the trail of the assailants and we are hopeful to nab them,” he stated.
“This area has been volatile for some time following farmers-herdsmen frequent clashes,” he added. Herdsmen and farmers in the state and neighbouring states of­ten engage in bitter dispute over grazing rights that often result in deadly clashes.

Culled from Newswire.cco

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man confesses to death of Austrian Lover

Do you remember the story I reported on the 27th of december 2014 about a man in Edo who killed his Austrian Lover who came back to Edo state,Nigeria to celebrate the yuletide with her family? If u missed that story, click < HERE >... Right now,the story has taken a different turn as reported by Laila's blog..Here are excerpts to how it happened all told from the horse's mouth,Mr Festus Aimufua... I am 41 years old and a motor spare parts dealer. I did not kill her. It happened on the 25th of December very early in the morning. There is one boy that help me to pack my goods, the boy was with me. After I dropped my family, I now decided to go and drop the boy.  On getting to Upper Mission junction, she called me and asked if I didn’t know that, that day was watch night, and that if I would come to see her. I said I was coming.  Immediately I turned my car and drove down to her shop, she had a bar. On getting there I saw some boys there drinking. I called the ...

yaaay!!! ....Chysugar's blog is 6 months today

Today feels good...I started this blog exactly 6 months ago. On the 4th of October 2014. I wanna celebrate my humble self too... For not giving up.... For the time and efforts... It's Not been easy It's been tasking and challenging... It's been very rough... But today has proven to me that every dream can be a reality if you believe... Special thanks to Butterscotch, Spicy Cynthia, Pamela( a fellow blogger),Amaka,my friend Mari Jali.... All the anonymous blog visitors  My lovely friends and family especially my dad(he visits my blog), my kid brothers who nicknamed me "blogger" lmao... The traffic is amazing....Tears welled up in my eyes this morning when I checked.... Now I know that zero or no comments is not a proof that no one visits. Am humbled,am blessed to have y'all... Is there any change you want the blog?please indicate in the comment box.. Like my facebook page :www.facebook/ch...

The Power Of Concealer (2)

Hope you all enjoyed my 1st post on "Power of concealer"...Well,there are a lot more you can do with"CONCEALER" asides using it to conceal under eye circles. We shall discuss now.Take a good look at the picture above and tell me what you see.I can tell u know picture 9 is your best bet if you follow step 1-8 carefully...you'll end up getting an amazing "well defined eyebrows".. Below are few rules that'll help you achieve picture 9 easier than you can imagine. 1st Rule:You need to grow some eyebrow hairs,your eyebrows  can't be looking all messy with scattered hairs here and there .You need some natural brows.So next time you wana shape your eyebrows,pls kindly remain some brow hairs if you want your brows to have that natural look after your brows are done 2nd Rule: Get a good eyebrow pencil..For me I use Tara eyebrow pencil in brown,its sold for N500...Please stop using red shades of eyebrow pencils for your brows.Its not flattering a...