Skip to main content

Michael Jordan is now officially a billionaire, according to Forbes

Michael Jordan can be found near the top of seemingly every list that mentions his name.
He’s not close to the top of a new one, but he’ll probably be just fine with that.
Forbes magazine revealed its 29th annual World’s Billionaires List, and Jordan made the cut for the first time. With an estimated net worth of $1 billion, Jordan qualifies as the 1,741st richest person in the world, the magazine said.
It is believed that Jordan makes more than $100 million a year off royalties from his Nike Air Jordan line, though his business manager Estee Portnoy has never confirmed those numbers. Portnoy said Monday that “we did not comment nor participate in the financial guesstimates” made by Forbes.
In March 2010, Jordan agreed to buy 80 percent of the Charlotte Bobcats on a valuation of about $275 million. Jordan’s stake — as arranged in the original deal — jumped to 89 percent in 2013. Forbes estimates the team, which changed its name to the Hornets this season, is now worth more than $700 million.
The billionaires list is packed with other sports owners. The richest team owner is Steve Ballmer, who bought the Los Angeles Clippers for $2 billion last year. Ballmer is the 35th richest person in the world with a net worth of $21.5 billion. His former Microsoft colleague Paul Allen comes in at No. 2 among team owners. The Seattle Seahawks and Portland Trail Blazers owner is the 51st richest person in the world, Forbes says, with a net worth of $17.5 billion.
Phil Anschutz, who owns the Los Angeles Kings and the L.A. Galaxy and Houston Dynamo of MLS, as well as the Staples Center, comes in as the third richest sports owner with a net worth of $11.8 billion.
Other majority team owners who made the top 400 richest included Brooklyn Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov (No. 125, $9.9 billion), Chelsea FC owner Roman Abramovich (No. 137, $9.1 billion), Miami Heat owner Micky Arison (No. 191, $7.1 billion), Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross (No. 216, $6.5 billion), St. Louis Rams, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche and Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke (No. 225, $6.3 billion), Orlando Magic owner Rich DeVos (No. 259, $5.7 billion), Detroit Tigers and Red Wings owner Michael Ilitch (No. 330, $4.8 billion), Jacksonville Jaguars and Fulham FC owner Shahid Khan (No. 330, $4.8 billion), Washington Nationals owner Ted Lerner (No. 330, $4.8 billion), New York Knicks and Rangers owners the Dolans (No. 381, $4.3 billion), New England Patriots and Revolution owner Robert Kraft (No. 381, $4.3 billion), and Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones (No. 393, $4.2 billion).
Nike co-founder and chairman Phil Knight, who does not own a team, is ranked 35th with a net worth of $21.5 billion, tied with Ballmer for the spot, while Bass Pro Shops owner John Morris is the 405th richest person in the world with a net worth of $4.1 billion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man confesses to death of Austrian Lover

Do you remember the story I reported on the 27th of december 2014 about a man in Edo who killed his Austrian Lover who came back to Edo state,Nigeria to celebrate the yuletide with her family? If u missed that story, click < HERE >... Right now,the story has taken a different turn as reported by Laila's blog..Here are excerpts to how it happened all told from the horse's mouth,Mr Festus Aimufua... I am 41 years old and a motor spare parts dealer. I did not kill her. It happened on the 25th of December very early in the morning. There is one boy that help me to pack my goods, the boy was with me. After I dropped my family, I now decided to go and drop the boy.  On getting to Upper Mission junction, she called me and asked if I didn’t know that, that day was watch night, and that if I would come to see her. I said I was coming.  Immediately I turned my car and drove down to her shop, she had a bar. On getting there I saw some boys there drinking. I called the ...

yaaay!!! ....Chysugar's blog is 6 months today

Today feels good...I started this blog exactly 6 months ago. On the 4th of October 2014. I wanna celebrate my humble self too... For not giving up.... For the time and efforts... It's Not been easy It's been tasking and challenging... It's been very rough... But today has proven to me that every dream can be a reality if you believe... Special thanks to Butterscotch, Spicy Cynthia, Pamela( a fellow blogger),Amaka,my friend Mari Jali.... All the anonymous blog visitors  My lovely friends and family especially my dad(he visits my blog), my kid brothers who nicknamed me "blogger" lmao... The traffic is amazing....Tears welled up in my eyes this morning when I checked.... Now I know that zero or no comments is not a proof that no one visits. Am humbled,am blessed to have y'all... Is there any change you want the blog?please indicate in the comment box.. Like my facebook page :www.facebook/ch...

The Power Of Concealer (2)

Hope you all enjoyed my 1st post on "Power of concealer"...Well,there are a lot more you can do with"CONCEALER" asides using it to conceal under eye circles. We shall discuss now.Take a good look at the picture above and tell me what you see.I can tell u know picture 9 is your best bet if you follow step 1-8 carefully...you'll end up getting an amazing "well defined eyebrows".. Below are few rules that'll help you achieve picture 9 easier than you can imagine. 1st Rule:You need to grow some eyebrow hairs,your eyebrows  can't be looking all messy with scattered hairs here and there .You need some natural brows.So next time you wana shape your eyebrows,pls kindly remain some brow hairs if you want your brows to have that natural look after your brows are done 2nd Rule: Get a good eyebrow pencil..For me I use Tara eyebrow pencil in brown,its sold for N500...Please stop using red shades of eyebrow pencils for your brows.Its not flattering a...