Skip to main content

CBN approves Etuh as Chairman, Unity Bank.

The Central Bank of Nigeria has approved the appointment of Mr Thomas Etuh and Alhaji Aminu Babangida as Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of Unity Bank Plc repectively.
This was contained in a letter to the bank dated January 23, 2015 and signed by the Director of Banking Supervision.
Their appointments followed the resignation of the former Chairman, Alhaji Lamis Shehu Dikko, who left  the Board in December 2014 to pursue his political aspirations.
Mr. Etuh who was appointed pioneer vice chairman of the Board of Directors of the bank on April 22, 2014 has varied experience, gained from over two decades of contribution to the public and private sectors of the economy, especially the agric sector. An astute businessman and experienced entrepreneur, Mr. Etuh has served as a director in several companies in Nigeria and has chaired a number of board committees in Unity Bank including Finance and General Purpose Committee, Board Governance and Nominations Committee among others.
Etuh studied Management, Banking and Public Administration at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi and University of Jos respectively. He holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University and is currently pursuing an MBA from the Business School, Netherlands. He has attended several local and international trainings and is an alumnus of the prestigious London Business School, University of Navarra, Barcelona, Spain, and the Lagos Business School.
Etuh is a member of various professional bodies such as the Institute of Directors (IoD) and the Bank Directors Association of Nigeria (BDAN).
The new Vice Chairman Alhaji Aminu Babangida, is an entrepreneur, a co-founder/Chief Executive Officer of Phoenix Energy, Abuja and Team Member of the El-Amin International School, Minna. He has also worked on the trading floor of Trafigura BV, London, UK.
Babangida was appointed to the Board of Unity Bank in 2011 where he has held chairmanship and membership positions in a number of board committees including Credit Committee, Audit Committee, Information Technology & Strategy Committee, among others. He attended Regents Business School, London and Westminster Business School London where he obtained a BA in International Business and Masters in International Business Management respectively.
He is also knowledgeable in the field of oil exploration. He is a member of the Institute of Directors (IoD) and the Bank Directors Association of Nigeria (BDAN) and has attended various local and international courses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man confesses to death of Austrian Lover

Do you remember the story I reported on the 27th of december 2014 about a man in Edo who killed his Austrian Lover who came back to Edo state,Nigeria to celebrate the yuletide with her family? If u missed that story, click < HERE >... Right now,the story has taken a different turn as reported by Laila's blog..Here are excerpts to how it happened all told from the horse's mouth,Mr Festus Aimufua... I am 41 years old and a motor spare parts dealer. I did not kill her. It happened on the 25th of December very early in the morning. There is one boy that help me to pack my goods, the boy was with me. After I dropped my family, I now decided to go and drop the boy.  On getting to Upper Mission junction, she called me and asked if I didn’t know that, that day was watch night, and that if I would come to see her. I said I was coming.  Immediately I turned my car and drove down to her shop, she had a bar. On getting there I saw some boys there drinking. I called the ...

yaaay!!! ....Chysugar's blog is 6 months today

Today feels good...I started this blog exactly 6 months ago. On the 4th of October 2014. I wanna celebrate my humble self too... For not giving up.... For the time and efforts... It's Not been easy It's been tasking and challenging... It's been very rough... But today has proven to me that every dream can be a reality if you believe... Special thanks to Butterscotch, Spicy Cynthia, Pamela( a fellow blogger),Amaka,my friend Mari Jali.... All the anonymous blog visitors  My lovely friends and family especially my dad(he visits my blog), my kid brothers who nicknamed me "blogger" lmao... The traffic is amazing....Tears welled up in my eyes this morning when I checked.... Now I know that zero or no comments is not a proof that no one visits. Am humbled,am blessed to have y'all... Is there any change you want the blog?please indicate in the comment box.. Like my facebook page :www.facebook/ch...

The Power Of Concealer (2)

Hope you all enjoyed my 1st post on "Power of concealer"...Well,there are a lot more you can do with"CONCEALER" asides using it to conceal under eye circles. We shall discuss now.Take a good look at the picture above and tell me what you see.I can tell u know picture 9 is your best bet if you follow step 1-8 carefully...you'll end up getting an amazing "well defined eyebrows".. Below are few rules that'll help you achieve picture 9 easier than you can imagine. 1st Rule:You need to grow some eyebrow hairs,your eyebrows  can't be looking all messy with scattered hairs here and there .You need some natural brows.So next time you wana shape your eyebrows,pls kindly remain some brow hairs if you want your brows to have that natural look after your brows are done 2nd Rule: Get a good eyebrow pencil..For me I use Tara eyebrow pencil in brown,its sold for N500...Please stop using red shades of eyebrow pencils for your brows.Its not flattering a...