Skip to main content

Sad News: Secondary School Students Found Floating in Osun River.

What a sad News!!!.... chai...
The residents of the Ijetu area of Osogbo have been thrown into mourning following the discovery of the corpses of two pupils on the Osun River.It was gathered that a woman had gone to the river to fetch water when she found the corpses of the two pupils floating on the river.A resident of the area told our correspondent on Thursday that the woman dropped her bucket and ran back to the community where she raised the alarm.It was learnt that the matter was later reported to the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and a rescue team from the agency was deployed in the scene.It was gathered that the pupils had gone missing on Monday, while their parents and other relatives had been looking for them.The parents were said to have broken down in tears on seeing the corpses of their children on Wednesday when their bodies were recovered.The pupils were identified as Samson Obasanjo and Kabiru, pupils of Junior Secondary School 2 at Ife-Oluwa Middle School, Osogbo.Some persons said one of the two victims was going to a bakery where he normally worked after school hours when the incident happened.But our correspondent, who visited the school gathered that seven pupils had gone to the area where the incident happened to pluck some fruits.
One of the victims was said to have jumped inside the river to swim to the other side of the river where a cherry tree was, but did not come out.It was learnt that after a while,the second victim reportedly jumped inside the river to see why the first had not come out and he too disappeared.The remaining five pupils were said to have waited for the two victims to come out, but after the duo did not come out, they were said to have sworn to an oath that they would not disclose what happened to their colleagues to anybody.A resident of the area told our correspondent that students of the school and other public schools around the area were known for truancy.The Head, Disaster Rescue Team of the NSCDC in Osun State, Mr. Olufemi Awofade, who confirmed the incident to our correspondent, said the team had removed the corpses of the pupils.He said after recovering the corpses of the pupils, their parents took charge and called the worshipers of Osun goddess to perform some rites on them before burial at the riverbank.Awofade said, “We got a call that a certain woman went to fetch water at the Osun River on Wednesday and she saw corpses on the water.”The principals of School 2 and School 3 at Ife-Oluwa Middle School declined comment.The two principals told our correspondent, who visited the school, that “we don’t grant press interviews.”- CULLED
- 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man confesses to death of Austrian Lover

Do you remember the story I reported on the 27th of december 2014 about a man in Edo who killed his Austrian Lover who came back to Edo state,Nigeria to celebrate the yuletide with her family? If u missed that story, click < HERE >... Right now,the story has taken a different turn as reported by Laila's blog..Here are excerpts to how it happened all told from the horse's mouth,Mr Festus Aimufua... I am 41 years old and a motor spare parts dealer. I did not kill her. It happened on the 25th of December very early in the morning. There is one boy that help me to pack my goods, the boy was with me. After I dropped my family, I now decided to go and drop the boy.  On getting to Upper Mission junction, she called me and asked if I didn’t know that, that day was watch night, and that if I would come to see her. I said I was coming.  Immediately I turned my car and drove down to her shop, she had a bar. On getting there I saw some boys there drinking. I called the ...

yaaay!!! ....Chysugar's blog is 6 months today

Today feels good...I started this blog exactly 6 months ago. On the 4th of October 2014. I wanna celebrate my humble self too... For not giving up.... For the time and efforts... It's Not been easy It's been tasking and challenging... It's been very rough... But today has proven to me that every dream can be a reality if you believe... Special thanks to Butterscotch, Spicy Cynthia, Pamela( a fellow blogger),Amaka,my friend Mari Jali.... All the anonymous blog visitors  My lovely friends and family especially my dad(he visits my blog), my kid brothers who nicknamed me "blogger" lmao... The traffic is amazing....Tears welled up in my eyes this morning when I checked.... Now I know that zero or no comments is not a proof that no one visits. Am humbled,am blessed to have y'all... Is there any change you want the blog?please indicate in the comment box.. Like my facebook page :www.facebook/ch...

The Power Of Concealer (2)

Hope you all enjoyed my 1st post on "Power of concealer"...Well,there are a lot more you can do with"CONCEALER" asides using it to conceal under eye circles. We shall discuss now.Take a good look at the picture above and tell me what you see.I can tell u know picture 9 is your best bet if you follow step 1-8 carefully...you'll end up getting an amazing "well defined eyebrows".. Below are few rules that'll help you achieve picture 9 easier than you can imagine. 1st Rule:You need to grow some eyebrow hairs,your eyebrows  can't be looking all messy with scattered hairs here and there .You need some natural brows.So next time you wana shape your eyebrows,pls kindly remain some brow hairs if you want your brows to have that natural look after your brows are done 2nd Rule: Get a good eyebrow pencil..For me I use Tara eyebrow pencil in brown,its sold for N500...Please stop using red shades of eyebrow pencils for your brows.Its not flattering a...