Skip to main content

10 Things Guys Wish Women knew about Men

I stumbled on this article < here> and I found it very interesting...Infact after reading it,i found myself thinking through it all and somehow I felt there were elements of truth in it...But i'll let you guys be the judge.

Read the interesting culled piece below:
It is likely no surprise to you that God has wired women and men differently. We all recognize some of these differences, but others often hide in plain sight. Shaunti Feldhahn, a nationally syndicated newspaper columnist, author and speaker wrote a fantastic book, For Women Only: What You Need to Know About the Inner Lives of Men. In it, she recounts the surprising truths she learned about men after interviewing more than 1,000 of them. I had the opportunity to interview Shaunti for our radio broadcast, HomeWord with Jim Burns. In our discussion, we spoke about 10 things guys wish women knew about men. I think you’ll find these 10 things fascinating! Even more, I believe that in understanding these issues, you’ll be equipped to lead your marriage to a better place!
1. Men would rather feel unloved than inadequate and disrespected.
Husbands need to know that their wives respect them both privately and publicly. Men thrive when they know that their wives trust them, admire them and believe in them. Shaunti Feldhahn’s research indicated that men would rather sense the loss of loving feelings from their wives than to be disrespected by them.
2. A man’s anger is often a response to feeling disrespected by his wife.
When a husband becomes angry with his wife, he may not come out and say, “You’re disrespecting me!” But, there is a good likelihood that he is feeling stung by something his wife has done which he considers disrespectful and humiliating.
3. Men are insecure.
Men are afraid that they aren’t cutting it in life — not just at work, but at home, in their role as a husband. They may never vocalize this, but inwardly, they are secretly vulnerable. The antidote? Affirmation. To men, affirmation from their wives is everything! If they don’t receive this affirmation from their wives, they’ll seek it elsewhere. When they receive regular and genuine affirmation from their wives (not flattery, by the way), they become much more secure and confident in all areas of their lives.
4. Men feel the burden of being the provider for their family.
Intellectually, it doesn’t matter how much or little a man makes, or whether or not his wife makes more or less money in her career. Men simply bear the emotional burden of providing for their family. It’s not a burden they’ve chosen to bear. Men are simply wired with this burden. As such, it is never far from their minds and can result in the feeling of being trapped. While wives cannot release their husbands from this burden, they can relieve it through a healthy dose of appreciation, encouragement and support.
5. Men want more sex.
Everyone’s natural response to this is probably, “Duh!” But, that response is probably for the wrong reason. We primarily assume that men want more sex with their wives due to their physical wiring (their “needs”). But, surprisingly, Shaunti Feldhahn’s research showed that the reason men want more sex is because of their strong need to be desired by their wives. Men simply need to be wanted. Regular, fulfilling sex is critical to a man’s sense of feeling loved and desired.
6. Sex means more than sex.
When men feel their wives desire them sexually, it has a profound effect on the rest of their lives. It gives them an increasing sense of confidence and well-being that carries over into every other area of his life. The flipside of this coin also carries a profoundly negative affect. When a husband feels rejected sexually, he not only feels his wife is rejecting him physically, but that she is somehow rejecting his life as a husband, provider and man. This is why making sex a priority in marriage is so incredibly important!
7.Men struggle with visual temptation.
This means the vast majority of men respond to visual images when it comes to women. And, this doesn’t just mean the guys with wandering eyes. Even the most godly husband cannot avoid noticing a woman who dresses in a way that draws attention to her body. Even if it is just a glance, these visual images are stored away in the male brain as a sort of “visual rolodex”; that will reappear without any warning. Men can choose whether to dwell on these images and memories or dismiss them, but they can’t control when these images appear.
8. Men enjoy romance, but doubt their skills to be romantic.
True, many men appear to be unromantic clods, but it doesn’t mean that they want to be that way! Men want to be romantic, but they just doubt their ability to pull it off. They are plagued by internal hesitations, perceiving the risk of humiliation and failure as too high. Wives can do a great deal to increase their husbands’ confidence in their romantic skills through encouragement and redefining what romance looks like. For example, a wife may balk when her husband asks her to go along to the hardware store, but it’s likely that he’s asking because he sees it as a time they can get away as a couple and hang out together. What’s not romantic about that?
9. Men care about their wife’s appearance.
This isn’t saying that all men want their wives to look like the latest supermodel. What men really want is to know that their wives are making an effort to take care of themselves (and not letting themselves go) because it matters to them (the husbands!). Husbands appreciate the efforts their wives make to maintain their attractiveness.
10. Men want their wives to know how much they love them.
This was the number one response of men. Men aren’t confident in their ability to express this, but they love their wives dearly. Men want to show how much they love their wives and long for them to understand this fact.

Do you agree with all?...What do you guys think?
Ladies c'mon....Does your man send out any of these signals???
Let's make this interactive..Use the comment box.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man confesses to death of Austrian Lover

Do you remember the story I reported on the 27th of december 2014 about a man in Edo who killed his Austrian Lover who came back to Edo state,Nigeria to celebrate the yuletide with her family? If u missed that story, click < HERE >... Right now,the story has taken a different turn as reported by Laila's blog..Here are excerpts to how it happened all told from the horse's mouth,Mr Festus Aimufua... I am 41 years old and a motor spare parts dealer. I did not kill her. It happened on the 25th of December very early in the morning. There is one boy that help me to pack my goods, the boy was with me. After I dropped my family, I now decided to go and drop the boy.  On getting to Upper Mission junction, she called me and asked if I didn’t know that, that day was watch night, and that if I would come to see her. I said I was coming.  Immediately I turned my car and drove down to her shop, she had a bar. On getting there I saw some boys there drinking. I called the ...

yaaay!!! ....Chysugar's blog is 6 months today

Today feels good...I started this blog exactly 6 months ago. On the 4th of October 2014. I wanna celebrate my humble self too... For not giving up.... For the time and efforts... It's Not been easy It's been tasking and challenging... It's been very rough... But today has proven to me that every dream can be a reality if you believe... Special thanks to Butterscotch, Spicy Cynthia, Pamela( a fellow blogger),Amaka,my friend Mari Jali.... All the anonymous blog visitors  My lovely friends and family especially my dad(he visits my blog), my kid brothers who nicknamed me "blogger" lmao... The traffic is amazing....Tears welled up in my eyes this morning when I checked.... Now I know that zero or no comments is not a proof that no one visits. Am humbled,am blessed to have y'all... Is there any change you want the blog?please indicate in the comment box.. Like my facebook page :www.facebook/ch...

The Power Of Concealer (2)

Hope you all enjoyed my 1st post on "Power of concealer"...Well,there are a lot more you can do with"CONCEALER" asides using it to conceal under eye circles. We shall discuss now.Take a good look at the picture above and tell me what you see.I can tell u know picture 9 is your best bet if you follow step 1-8 carefully...you'll end up getting an amazing "well defined eyebrows".. Below are few rules that'll help you achieve picture 9 easier than you can imagine. 1st Rule:You need to grow some eyebrow hairs,your eyebrows  can't be looking all messy with scattered hairs here and there .You need some natural brows.So next time you wana shape your eyebrows,pls kindly remain some brow hairs if you want your brows to have that natural look after your brows are done 2nd Rule: Get a good eyebrow pencil..For me I use Tara eyebrow pencil in brown,its sold for N500...Please stop using red shades of eyebrow pencils for your brows.Its not flattering a...