Skip to main content

Footballer Jailed Two Years For Drug Offence.


A Federal High Court, Ikoyi, Lagos on Wednesday sen­tenced a Brazil-based, Nigerian footballer, Umeh Henry, to two years imprisonment for drug re­lated offence.
Umeh was arrested by the Na­tional Drugs Law and Enforce­ment Agency (NDLEA) on Oc­tober 6, 2014, during an inward clearance of Emirate Airlines from Brazil via Dubai, at the Murtala Muhammed Interna­tional Airport, Lagos, with 15 grams of cocaine.

He pleaded guilty, last Thurs­day, to the one-count charge pre­ferred against him by the anti-drugs agency.
NDLEA prosecutor, Mr. Vem­be Emmanuel, had urged the court to convict the accused as charged, in consonance with section 218 and 285 of the Crimi­nal Procedure Acts (CPA).
However, the convict’s coun­sel, Chief Benson Ndakara, pleaded with the court to temper justice with mercy in sentencing his client.

Ndakara told the court that the convict was a Nigeria profes­sional footballer in Brazil, and that the drug he was caught with was for personal use not for com­mercial purpose.
He also told the court that the convict was introduced into drug usage by his friends.

The convict, who corroborat­ed his counsel’s plea for mercy, said he used drugs, because of numerous problem he had. And that the quantity he was caught with, while coming to the coun­try, was meant for his personally use.

Justice Mohammed Idris, however, said he was happy that the convict told the court the truth and counselled him of the 
effect of drug usage no matter the problem he may have. “I 
like it that you have said the truth and God will forgive you. But don’t take drug anymore, any relieve it gives you is temporary...Culled from Daily Times

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday Health Tips----Water Melon is the best fruit ever....

Before now,am a sucker for fruits...I don't buy them neither do I attach any importance to them...But as the years went by,i learnt tremendously about the magical effects fruits can have on my body...Now I buy so much fruits @ a go..From pineapples, banana,apples,oranges....I hated water melon before now...It was my mum who taught me how to eat it... Perhaps stumbling on this article has opened my eyes and I can boastfully say that water melon is the best fruit ever... Read below and see for yourself... Watermelon is by far, one of the most powerful, body-healing fruits out there! The amazing health benefits of watermelon cover everything from your brain all the way to the cells in your feet. The best time to indulge in this fresh, succulent, juicy melon, is summertime, when they are in season and deliver an array of nutrients, vitamin and minerals. Watermelon is incredibly hydrating (up to 92% water!) and is naturally low-fat. Make this melon a part of your daily d

yaaay!!! ....Chysugar's blog is 6 months today

Today feels good...I started this blog exactly 6 months ago. On the 4th of October 2014. I wanna celebrate my humble self too... For not giving up.... For the time and efforts... It's Not been easy It's been tasking and challenging... It's been very rough... But today has proven to me that every dream can be a reality if you believe... Special thanks to Butterscotch, Spicy Cynthia, Pamela( a fellow blogger),Amaka,my friend Mari Jali.... All the anonymous blog visitors  My lovely friends and family especially my dad(he visits my blog), my kid brothers who nicknamed me "blogger" lmao... The traffic is amazing....Tears welled up in my eyes this morning when I checked.... Now I know that zero or no comments is not a proof that no one visits. Am humbled,am blessed to have y'all... Is there any change you want the blog?please indicate in the comment box.. Like my facebook page :www.facebook/ch

Shout Out To Blog Visitor,Mr Ben Udechukwu And His Wonderful Family

The Udechukwu Family: Sochikayima, Chimamanda, Munachimso, Chioma and Ben Udechukwu Beautiful...awww,they are such a Happy Family. See that lovely smile on Ada's pretty face. See another beautiful picture of Mr and Mrs Ben Udechukwu in a recent Outing Below: Happy Couple...Can u feel the bond between them? In one Word..Awesome!!! They recently attended the Traditional Marriage Ceremony Of Dr and Dr Mrs Ekene Igboerika at Obiaruku Delta State. Mr and Mrs Ben Udechukwu pose For a photograph with Dr Ekene and his wife. (Location: Obiaruku,Delta State,Nigera) See colourful pictures of the newly married couple below: Lovely Cake!!! Dr Ekene and His Beautiful wife All smiles as they cut the Cake Congrats to Dr and Dr (Mrs) Ekene Igboerika...May they experience unspeakable joy In their marriage