Skip to main content

Sad death- Father Narrates How his Son was Murdered by a Man who was supposed to behis Boss.

Ndubisi Asomugha 23 looked up to his boss Mr. Peter Egeh for knowledge and wisdom to succeed in life.  However, little did he know that his boss like the character Okonkwo in the epic Novel “Things Fall Apart” by Chinua Achebe would be the one to order his death?

Ndubisi loved playing football and his skill for repairing electrical appliances was well known in Suleja metropolis in Niger State. Ndubisi was learning electrical repairs and other crafts under Mr. Peter’s tutelage and was due to graduate in December 2014 but the young man is lying cold in a morgue.

According to Mr. Vincent, Ndubisi’s father, Mr. Peter allegedly handed Ndubisi over to a vigilante group   where he was beaten to his death over allegation of theft.
Narrating how his son was killed, Mr. Vincent Asomugha, Ndubisi’s father said;
“Ndubisi was an Ordinarly level certificate holder who worked with Mr Peter Egeh for almost a year. I paid Mr Peter Egeh who owns White Dove ventures Nig ltd at Area command quarters to train Ndubisi on electrical trade like mounting of DSTV, repair and servicing of electrical equipments and appliances. Ndubisi worked with him for almost a year and he had 3 other colleagues who were working for Mr Peter. On September 27th, Mr Peter claimed that his shop was broken into and equipments worth N100, 000 were looted.
He   interrogated the 4 members of staff (Ndubisi) inclusive on the situation. Everyone stated that they knew nothing about it. It was a Reverend father in our church that noticed that my son was brilliant. The Reverend father introduced him to Mr. Peter. Mr. Peter is a member of our church but I don’t know him too well. Ndubisi started his apprenticeship with Mr. Peter early in the year and the training was meant to last one year so we were expecting him to graduate in December.
However, on September 31st about 8pm, Ndubisi came back home from work and as he was about to eat his dinner, his phone started ringing and he answered. After he picked the
all, we noticed that he started eating hurriedly and his mother asked him where he was rushing to. He told us that some people called him for a job and he needed to hurry up to meet them. He left the house that night and never returned”.
It was gathered that Mr. Peter,Ndubisi’s boss had accused him of allegedly stealing his goods  and had  reported  him to a vigilante group in the market. Members of the Vigilante group popularly known as “Ya Banga” allegedly stripped Ndubisi naked and beat him until he died.
Narrating how he learnt about his son’s demise, Mr. Asomugha said
“I was in my house about 11pm when a female family friend ran to our house and informed me that he saw my son Ndubisi being beaten by Ya Banga a notorious Hausa vigilante group. I ran to the market with other members of my family to see what was happening to my son. I was shocked at the sight of my son when I saw him. He was lying facing down, looking weak and dying. He called out to me to help him with water. I turned to the men beating him. They were six in number and they told me that Ndubisi was a thief. They told me that Mr. Peter his boss reported Ndubisi to them. I told them that my son was not a thief. I pleaded with them to release him to me but they refused even when I told them he was dying and we should take him to the hospital.
They threatened to kill me if I don’t leave the place. I left and called Mr. Peter and he told me Ndubisi will confess to the crime. My son is not the only apprentice Mr. Peter has. He has three other apprentices.  I told him that if he has any allegation against my son, he should   report him to the police. The next day, I got a call from the police that my son was dead and Mr. Peter with two of the men who flogged him brought his corpse to the station. I broke down and started weeping.

The members of our community were enraged over the murder of my son. I went to the police station and they detained Mr. Peter and the two men that flogged him to death. I saw my son lying in the morgue with wound all over his body. I could not bear the sight of him dying such cruel death. He was murdered in cold blood by a man who was supposed to be his guardian. Mr. Peter was envious of my son because Ndubisi was hard working and people were calling him to fix their electrical appliances and his boss became envious. He set him up and paid N10, 000 to the men to kill him. I want justice for my dead son. He was a jovial person and will never steal. I want the police to fish out the other men that killed my son. This is not the first time this vigilante people called Ya Banga would kill innocent people.
They have been targeting Igbo’s and killing a lot of our people. Our Igbo association in this area has taken the case up. I am appealing to the police to proscribe these killers who disguise as vigilantes. The police have arrested Mr. Peter and two of the vigilantes known as Lawal Abdullahi and Carsimia. Others are on the run “. Ndubisi’s elder sister, Chichi described him as a very hardworking and religious person...Culled
*Man's inhumanity to man...This brought tears to my eyes.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday Health Tips----Water Melon is the best fruit ever....

Before now,am a sucker for fruits...I don't buy them neither do I attach any importance to them...But as the years went by,i learnt tremendously about the magical effects fruits can have on my body...Now I buy so much fruits @ a go..From pineapples, banana,apples,oranges....I hated water melon before now...It was my mum who taught me how to eat it... Perhaps stumbling on this article has opened my eyes and I can boastfully say that water melon is the best fruit ever... Read below and see for yourself... Watermelon is by far, one of the most powerful, body-healing fruits out there! The amazing health benefits of watermelon cover everything from your brain all the way to the cells in your feet. The best time to indulge in this fresh, succulent, juicy melon, is summertime, when they are in season and deliver an array of nutrients, vitamin and minerals. Watermelon is incredibly hydrating (up to 92% water!) and is naturally low-fat. Make this melon a part of your daily d

yaaay!!! ....Chysugar's blog is 6 months today

Today feels good...I started this blog exactly 6 months ago. On the 4th of October 2014. I wanna celebrate my humble self too... For not giving up.... For the time and efforts... It's Not been easy It's been tasking and challenging... It's been very rough... But today has proven to me that every dream can be a reality if you believe... Special thanks to Butterscotch, Spicy Cynthia, Pamela( a fellow blogger),Amaka,my friend Mari Jali.... All the anonymous blog visitors  My lovely friends and family especially my dad(he visits my blog), my kid brothers who nicknamed me "blogger" lmao... The traffic is amazing....Tears welled up in my eyes this morning when I checked.... Now I know that zero or no comments is not a proof that no one visits. Am humbled,am blessed to have y'all... Is there any change you want the blog?please indicate in the comment box.. Like my facebook page :www.facebook/ch

Shout Out To Blog Visitor,Mr Ben Udechukwu And His Wonderful Family

The Udechukwu Family: Sochikayima, Chimamanda, Munachimso, Chioma and Ben Udechukwu Beautiful...awww,they are such a Happy Family. See that lovely smile on Ada's pretty face. See another beautiful picture of Mr and Mrs Ben Udechukwu in a recent Outing Below: Happy Couple...Can u feel the bond between them? In one Word..Awesome!!! They recently attended the Traditional Marriage Ceremony Of Dr and Dr Mrs Ekene Igboerika at Obiaruku Delta State. Mr and Mrs Ben Udechukwu pose For a photograph with Dr Ekene and his wife. (Location: Obiaruku,Delta State,Nigera) See colourful pictures of the newly married couple below: Lovely Cake!!! Dr Ekene and His Beautiful wife All smiles as they cut the Cake Congrats to Dr and Dr (Mrs) Ekene Igboerika...May they experience unspeakable joy In their marriage